Choose one below:
111. Barbara ~35 years ago, learned postman stories, now in 2011-12 teaches her 2 daughters how to multiply signed numbers
110. See Sara, 7th grader, solve a word problem with ratios
109. See Maya, 7th grader, make up identities for Logs
108.See Marina (a 7th grader), change an infinite repeating decimal to a fraction, using infinite series!
107.See Ratan (finished 7th gr.) gets the equation of the inverse of the peg game rule
106.See Ratan (finished 7th gr.) & Don get the equation of the inverse of the tower puzzle rule using logs
105. See Julia's work when asked to make up an equation with NO answer +..
104. See these Guess My Rules made for Don- by Sara, Maya and Jack
103. Theo, age 9, makes up a guess my rule for Don-Watch this!
102. Don, Shaleen, & Lori rotate a sine wave 60o ccw.
101. Zachary's math summer of 2012.
100 Don and Shouri and Grant work on Rumanujan's infinite nesting of square roots.
99. MarieK shares 8 cookies between 3 people to get a division problem 8 divided by 3 = 8/3 (a fraction) = 2 2/3 (a mixed number)= 2.666... (an infinite repeating decimal) = 2 + 6/10 + 6/100 + 6/1000 + ... (an infinite series) and you could probably write it other ways! . You can view the video of Don and Marie doing this on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZPKndDWs8&feature=plcp.
98. Brenda finds lots about the regular pentagon.
97. Ashley, Cody, and Noah find the infinite repeating decimal equal to a fraction and display 3 cycles of it with needlepoint.
and his students study Ramanujan's Nest of Square Roots
Given a number
a program on a scientific calculator to find the area
under a curve leading to the integral.
94.Sara finds the area of a triangle